Syra Yousuf and Shahroz Sabzwari, who got divorced in February 2020, are reportedly going to be sharing the big screen in a film about winning back your ex.
According to details, much of the film has already been shot in Bahrain and has only a little bit of filming left.
While director Omar Essa refrained from sharing the title of the film, he said: “I am not keeping any expectations as of now. With the condition of our industry/business models, thinking about it will just make me ‘chirchira‘. That’s not a good place to be when I am still in the creative process.”
“I have done a reasonably good job in filming I feel, but things can still go wrong in post production. So let’s keep praying for the best,” he added.
Speaking about the complex situation they are in with the lead pair, Essa said: “We are not their khandan walay. We have a professional relationship and they believe in the project.”
“They have worked hard towards it, especially Syra. The role required a lot from her, physically and emotionally. Even if we had started production after their problems, I like to believe they would have still done the project,” he added.
On Valentine’s Day 2018, Syra and Shahroz had shared the first look of their untitled project together. While Shahroz had captioned the photo “Sai,” Syra completed the couple’s name writing “Roz” in her caption.

Meanwhile, Shahroz while speaking to a local media outlet, confirmed that the film will be releasing soon, adding that “Only a song from that film is left which we’ll shoot on 25th, 26th and 28th of this month.”
Earlier, Syra while talking about the film in 2018 had said: “I read the script five years ago and I thought it was a very interesting take on a love story. When I read it now, a lot has changed in it, and for the better. When I was reading it, I really got into it. The way it spoke to me was really appealing.”
Revealing her decision behind doing the film, Syra had said: “The entire thing put together, with Shahroz in it with me, I thought it would be a good product for us to do together. I’d waited for a good script to come along for him and I – and I just knew deep down that this was it.”
Syra and Shahroz parted ways in March 2020 after seven years of marriage. They cited irreconcilable differences and asked people to respect their choices and privacy. They have a daughter together named Nooreh.
Sabzwari has since married model Sadaf Kanwal, who he married in May 2020.
The post Syra, Shahroz’s stalled film to reportedly release soon appeared first on The Current.
Comments
Post a Comment