Salman Khan has filed a defamation suit against actor and critic Kamaal R Khan over his review of Radhe: Your Most Wanted Bhai.
As per details, the case has been filed in a Mumbai court and Salman Khan’s legal team has sent a notice to Kamaal to apprise him about the defamation complaint.
Following the defamation case, KRK earlier took to Twitter and urged Salman Khan’s father Salim Khan to withdraw the case. The tweets were presumably deleted later.
Kamaal tweeted, “Respected Salim Khan Sahab, I am not here to destroy Salman Khan films or his career. I review films just for fun. If I know that Salman get affected by my review so I won’t review. If he could have asked me to not review his film So I would have not reviewed.”
He further said, “Therefore there is no need to file a case to stop me from reviewing his film. Salim Sir, I am not here to hurt anyone. So I won’t review his film in the future. Please, ask him to not proceed the case. I will delete my review videos also, if you want. Thank you Salim Sahab!”
In another tweet, he thanked Khan for his lawsuit. He believes the action is a reflection of Khan’s disappointment and dismay at the film’s box office performance. In fact, he called it proof of that. He further argued how he was just doing his job, reviewing his film for his viewers, and Khan should do his, ie, make better films.
In a later tweet, he said, “I [have] said so many times that I never review film of any producer, actor if he asks me to not review.” Saying that since Khan is getting so affected by his reviews, he will no longer review his films.
KRK’s ‘last video’ is dedicated to the lawsuit as well. He stood in front of his camera and spoke on the matter. It is clear that he feels this situation has been unfair because he was just doing his job.
“He [Salman Khan] thinks his movie was a hit, but because of my bad review, it became a super duper flop,” he said mockingly.
He was heavily critical of Khan’s attitude, asking if he expects reviewers to just say nice things about him. “You gave Disha Patni a role in the film, gave her money, of course she called you a bholu cute boy,” he said, highlighting the age gap between the two, something he was very critical of in his review as well. “Should we also call you a bholu cute boy at 60? Have you no shame calling yourself that at this age?” he asked.
In his latest tweet about the case, kamaal said that he is done with the first court hearing and the next will be on June 7.
The post Salman Khan sues critic for giving bad review of ‘Radhe’ appeared first on The Current.
Comments
Post a Comment