Skip to main content

Abdullah Siddiqui quits music industry, reveals the ‘real reason’

Musician Abdullah Siddiqui has announced that he is quitting his music career for religious reasons.

In a statement shared on his social media accounts, Qureshi revealed his reasons for ‘being lost’.

“I have received a ton of messages in this time asking about where I have been,” he wrote. “I was on a break, pressed the pause button for a while and took this time to find out who I was, where I am headed and who I want to become.” Announcing his decision to quit the music industry, Qureshi said, ” want to take a moment to announce my exit from the music industry as I have decided to stop doing music as a full-time profession. I took this decision purely because of religious reasons.”

He added, “I had a great time making music, playing at concerts for thousands of people, getting loved and appreciated, facing controversies, making some wrong decisions, spreading some positivity, making some amazing friends, working with people who were my idols, learning from the best and doing what I loved doing.” Sharing how he now believes that the actual purpose of his life is “way bigger than all of this”, Qureshi remarked, “We have very little time in this world to make our afterlife better.”

He explained, “Alhamdulillah, I am very satisfied with this decision and I am on my way to find the real truth and I pray that Allah makes this new journey easy for me.”

He asserted that he will no longer perform in concerts or appear in ads. “I would appreciate it if I am not contacted for those. However, if I am needed for any appearance events, social media campaigns or work that interests me and falls in the folds of our religion, I’d be happy to do it.” He concluded his statement with gratitude for endless support and love. 

Qureshi’s decision was welcomed by many on social media. However, around the same time, singer Natasha Baig, without naming names, presented an imperative point to ponder. “I will never accept those musicians or actors who leave behind their career in the name of awakening,” Baig shared on social media. “Because that proves the wrong narrative that has been attached with music.”

She added, “So, please go ahead and congratulations on your awakening but do not make us look like villains in the process. Your acts might be something that Islam never appreciates, but music is divine and it has nothing to do with any sinful act unless you are unable to control your nafs and nafs can become a problem in any profession.”

Last year, Qureshi took to his Instagram stories to respond to a girl’s accusations about him sliding into her inbox with inappropriate messages. Qureshi In this apologised and stated that he is sorry to everyone that he has hurt or harmed in any way and requested the removal of anything related to ‘this’ because it has affected his career and is likely to affect his daughter.

His apology read, “I apologise to everyone for all this. I won’t blame my drunken state because it was me at the end of the day. But yes, I did have a drinking problem and I do have fetishes. But everyone has fetishes.”

He went on to clarify that his apology “is not about that [his fetishes],” but about “messaging randoms.” He further stated, “Yes, I did have that problem too but I stopped when I had my daughter. I apologise to her for being the worst dad.” Qureshi added that he had discussed all of this with his wife a year ago and the matter was settled between them. 

“We are happy and I’m a changed man.” The Dastaan crooner continued, “I am sorry to everyone I have hurt or harmed in any way and I request removal of anything regarding this because it has already affected my career and most importantly, it’s going to affect my daughter.”

The post Abdullah Siddiqui quits music industry, reveals the ‘real reason’ appeared first on The Current.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Watch: Supporting Palestine – A strong message at Pakistan Bridal Show

A three-day bridal fashion show is going on in Lahore, in which famous Pakistani actors and personalities, including models, exhibited wedding dresses of famous designers.On the second day of the show, actor Ahsan Khan walked down the runway wearing clothes designed by Imran Rajput. But what made his appearance more special is that he held signs to show support for the people in Palestine, with messages of peace for the children in Gaza. View this post on Instagram A post shared by Niche Lifestyle (@nichelifestyle) Later, Amna Ilyas also walked the runway wearing clothes by Imran Rajput, with Palestinian anthems playing. Nine designers presented their collections on the first day. View this post on Instagram A post shared by Niche Lifestyle (@nichelifestyle) Many famous actors like Dur-e-Fashan, Imran Ashraf, Kanza Hashmi, Feroze Khan, Resham, Hara Mani, Komal Mir, Saboor Ali, Saba Qamar, ...

Atif Aslam, Sajal Aly create magic in ‘Rafta Rafta’, transnational fans pour in love

Atif Aslam treated his fans by releasing the much awaited single, Rafta Rafta featuring Mom actress Sajal Aly opposite him. They have been unanimously praised for their sizlling on-screen chemistry by their transnational fans. Released under the label of Tarish Music,  Rafta Rafta  is directed by Hassam Baloch, jointly produced by Tarun Chaudhary and Omar Ahmed while the music and lyrics are done by Raj Ranjodh. The song will be released soon across digital platform. The Pehli Nazar singer has previously worked with some incredible artists, this is the first time the  Mom  actress is sharing the screen with him. View this post on Instagram A post shared by Atif Aslam (@atifaslam) View this post on Instagram A post shared by Sajal Ahad Mir (@sajalaly) Craze For Atif Aslam 👑🔥🔥 Holding of Rafta Rafta by @itsaadee #RaftaRafta on Loop @MusicTarish @tarunchaudhary...

Stylish and Latest Beautiful Bridal wedding Dresses 2019

Stylish and Latest Beautiful Bridal Wedding Dresses 2019 #Stylish and #Latest #Beautiful #Bridal #Wedding #Dresses #2019 Like Our Facebook Page: http://bit.ly/2K3KjXt #fashioncollectiononline kataria sisters, PlayEven Fashions, trendy Fashion, CREATIVE FASHION, Fashion 4 All by Rahat, set india, Today Fashion, Latest Fashion World, Fashion Trend Seeker, Fashion Channel,NEW JEWELLERY, Ayesha N, SB LEO, For Latest Fashion Update Subscribe Our Channel: https://bit.ly/2NE4oDi Watch Video: